American Rescue Plan Funding Update
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant SVOG – SBA stated that there are still ample funds available and they highly encourage all eligible museums to still apply as soon as possible at www.svograntportal.sba.gov/s/
Paycheck Protection Program, Second Draw – SBA stated PPP has run out of money for most borrowers before its planned May 31 end
Additional federal COVID-19 economic assistance will be administered soon from the National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities (deadline to apply is May 14), Institute of Museum and Library Services, state and local arts and humanities agencies, and state and local government block grants
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Update
The portal is open and accepting applications.
- Now: Use the checklist to make sure you have everything you need to complete your application. Review additional resources at sba.gov/svogrant such as the applicant user guide and FAQ. Keep these resources open throughout the application process.
- 12 p.m. EDT, April 26: Begin the application process on the SVOG portal. Every user will be temporarily placed in a virtual waiting room and will be able to start their application in the order in which they arrived.
For technical assistance such as a password reset, browser suggestions, or how to use the multi-factor authentication with an app and the QR code, applicants can call 1-800-659-2955 or, for the deaf and hard-of-hearing 1-800-877-8339 and follow the prompts to SVOG assistance.
The call center is open 24/7.
Updated information 4/19/2021
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Update
It has been estimated the PPP2 program will be depleted for funds by early May. If you have not done so already, and you intend to apply for a PPP2, you are encouraged to do so soon.
SVOG – Shuttered Venue Operators Grant and PPP and More
SBA has posted their SVOG informational webinar which they presented on March 30 highlighting the application process for potential eligible entities? It has a lot of good information. The webinar was recorded and you can view it here. For more information about the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, visit www.sba.gov/svogrant
- â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹ArtsU Webinar video
- ArtsU Webinar slides
- SVOG Deep Dive Analysis
Paycheck Protection Program Second Draw
The museum must demonstrate a reduction in revenues of at least 25% as compared with the previous year, calculated on a quarterly basis. The legislation defines museums as a public, tribal, or private nonprofit agency or institution organized on a permanent basis for essentially educational, cultural heritage, or aesthetic purposes, that utilizes a professional staff, owns or utilizes tangible objects, cares for the tangible objects, and exhibits the tangible objects to the public on a regular basis. Such term includes museums that have tangible and digital collections and includes aquariums, arboretums, botanical gardens, art museums, children’s museums, general museums, historic houses and sites, history museums, nature centers, natural history and anthropology museums, planetariums, science and technology centers, specialized museums, and zoological parks.
- Serving as a relevant museum as its principal business activity.
- Indoor exhibition spaces that are a component of the principal business activity and which have been subjected to pandemic-related occupancy restrictions.
- At least 1 auditorium, theater, or performance or lecture hall with fixed audience seating and regular programming.
You can download a 2021 COVID-19 Arts Resource Table here from Americans for the Arts Action Fund.
- SBA announced that its Shuttered Venue Operators Grants (SVOG) application portal will open in early April. In the meantime, several documents have been updated on the SVOG website, but certain sections still state that you cannot apply for a PPP and an SVOG. That information is incorrect and will eventually be updated online. The SVOG new FAQs do make it clear that you can now apply for both a PPP and SVOG. However, please note the additional twist in question #5 on page 2 of the FAQs that you cannot apply for a PPP after receiving an SVOG. You will also see in question #17 on page 14 that the SBA has clarified that audits will NOT be required for the great majority of SVOG applicants.
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grants FAQs (revised 03-12-21)â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹
- Eligibility requirements (published 03-05-21)â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹
- Preliminary application checklist (revised 03-11-21)