Entries for the 2021 OMA Awards Program are closed.
- The OMA Awards Improvement Committee revised and truly improved the Awards Program for 2020, but the program was interrupted by the pandemic. Changes and updates to the program include:
- Every award has specific judging criteria.
- Every award has its own online entry form.
- There is a new Special Project award to encompass projects that have multiple aspects or do not fit in one of the other project awards.
- The former Conservation or Preservation project award has been retired as a stand-alone award and these projects can now be entered under the Special Project award.
- All project awards continue to be grouped by the size of the project expense. However, the grouping has been expanded to four levels for competitive comparison: $0-$5,000, $5,001-$15,000, $15,001-$50,000, and over $50,000.
- Only one submission per OMA member per project category type is allowed. Example: A museum may submit one entry for Outreach or Education Program and one entry for Publication. A museum may NOT submit two entries under Special Projects even if the projects are different and/or have different budget expense levels.
For 2021 only, nominated projects must have been completed of in use between January 1, 2019 and June 30, 2021. This is an extended time frame due to interruptions caused by the pandemic in 2020.
During 2020, many museums developed virtual programming. These efforts can be nominated for an award. Don’t be shy!
OMA takes great pride in honoring the outstanding projects and dedicated individuals that make Oklahoma museums—large or small, rural or urban—shine!