Museums Advocacy Day 2014 Planned for February 24-25 in Washington DC
The Oklahoma Museums Association is a proud supporter of the Museums Advocacy Day 2014. Oklahoma Museums are encouraged to participate in Museums Advocacy Day 2014 and help make the case that museums are essential—as education providers and economic drivers—in every community.
What is Museums Advocacy Day?
– Stand side-by-side with fellow advocates from OMA, Oklahoma and our five congressional districts
– Get valuable information from Capitol Hill and policy experts about how to engage your representatives and make the case for museums
– Share a powerful message with your members of Congress and their staff about how your museum is essential
– Learn strategies for meeting with elected officials and the stats you need to make your case
– Attend a Congressional Kick-Off Breakfast and Reception
Staff, volunteers, trustees, students, museum enthusiasts and providers of museum products and services are all welcome to participate.
The American Alliance of Museums offers several resources for building your advocacy skills, learning about Congress, making your case and getting involved in advocacy for your museum. The information can be found at http://www.aam-us.org/advocacy/museums-advocacy-day
Download the latest OMA Advocacy Piece at http://www.okmuseums.org/sites/oma2/uploads/documents/2013_Advocacy_Piece.pdf