2017 OMA Awards Program
Entries for the 2017 OMA Awards Program are being accepted. Prepare your submission by reading the Awards Prep Info Sheet.
- The deadline to submit an entry is Friday, June 9, 2017.
- Any OMA member may submit. Self-nominating for project categories is encouraged.
- Entries must be submitted online. Mail, fax, e-mail and in-person entries are not accepted.
- A $25 entry fee is required for each entry submitted. Unlimited entries accepted. Only one entry per online form.
- You may pay online with credit card once the online form is complete, or you can send payment by mail. Payments by mail must be postmarked the same day entry is submitted to be considered.
- Online entries are accepted as submitted; no changes or additions are allowed.
- Once you begin the online entry process, you are unable to save the entry and return later. Prepare by using the Awards Prep Info Sheet.
- OMA reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet all submission rules.
- Submitted materials become the property of the Oklahoma Museums Association and may be used at OMA’s discretion.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
There are two award categories; one for individual/group awards and one for project awards.
Individual/Group Category Awards
- Service to the Profession
- Certificate of Recognition
Project Category Awards
Projects nominated must have been completed or in use between January 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017. Project categories are grouped by project budget.
- Conservation or Preservation Project
- Outreach or Education Program
- Promotional Piece (brochure, invitation, press kit, poster, website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Publication (magazine, exhibition catalog, newsletter, etc.)
- Technology Media (blog, interactive game, video, etc.
All award entrants will receive status of their entry by July 21, 2017. Awards will be presented at the Awards Celebration Dinner the evening of September 21 in Lawton, Oklahoma, as part of the OMA Conference.